Mango Pulissery is a quick rice accompaniment prepared with Mango and curd. Sweetness from mango make this mor kuzhambu super yum. If you have old buttermilk this is a perfect dish to make. Sour buttermilk makes the mambazha pulissery super yum.
Growing up in chennai, summer is sooo hot can’t step out during noon, but I always long for summer for two reason. One is ofcourse long summer vacation. We go to my uncle house in hosur. Aunt makes special food for us, outing, card games all nigh lots lots of memories.
One more best thing about summer is Mangoessss. I love anything and everything about mangoes. When it comes to mangoes Jagadish is also addicted like me. There won’t be a grocery trip during summer without mangoes in our cart.
I learnt Mamazha pulissery recipe from my friend’s mom. When I visited her house Aunty prepared this for lunch. Hearing the dish name I was imagining how it will be, but after seeing the look, it resembled the Moor Kuzhambu we do at home. Sweetness from mangoes with sourness in kuzhambu made me go crazy for the taste and started doing it regularly at home.
After seeing my Mango Thokku post my sister was asking me why I didn’t post any Mango based recipes this year. That’s when I realized its true and started checking my draft. Had Mango pulissery and Mango Pachadi pics so here is the post 🙂
Checkout my other Mango based recipes,
- Eggless Mango Cake
- Mango Halwa
- Mango Ice Cream
- Mango Kulfi
- Mango Mousse (Eggless)
- Mango Rice
- Mango Milkshake
- Instant Mango Pickle
Ripe Mango – 1, peeled and cut into bit size pieces
Thick Curd /Plain Yogurt- 1 cup + 1/3 cup
Coconut – 1/2 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Green Chilli – 1
Turmeric Powder – a generous pinch
fenugreek Powder – pinch
Salt – as needed
Sugar – 1/4 tsp (optional)
Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard Seed – 1/4 tsp
Dry red Chilli – 3
Curry leaves – few
- Grind the coconut with cumin seeds and green chilli into a fine paste and keep aside
- Cook the cut mangoes in pan with little water and salt
- Add the grinded coconut – cumin paste to the mangoes and bring it to boil
- Beat the curd well and add it to the cooked mango. Add sugar and salt ; cook for 30 – 45 seconds and switch off
- In a separate pan add oil and when the oil becomes hot add the ingredients under “To temper” and let it splutter. Add the seasoning to the kuzhambu and mix well. Serve with rice
- Sprinkle fenugreek powder and mix well again.