Avocado paratha | Avocado chappathi | Avocado roti with Avocado and wheat flour. Super soft tasty Indian flat bread. Check out the Avocado paratha video and If you like the video pls SUBSCRIBE to my channel
Super soft tasty Indian Avocado paratha | Avocado chappathi | Avocado roti with Avocado and wheat flour(butter fruit). Perfect make-ahead paratha for parties, it stays good for hours. toddler/ Kids friendly tasty and healthy paratha. This Indian take with Avocado makes a filling lunch/dinner.
Avocado is yet another Fruit I got to know after coming to US. I first rated it in a Mexican restaurant. I first thought they added so much butter into guacamole for that creaminess then I came to know it is avocado which does that magic.😂
Nowadays avocado has become one of my favorite fruit and after hearing its healthy benefits, I started buying them regularly. My frequent take with Avocado is Guacamole in Indian style. In our home, we love this as a side dish for chappati, put it in bread, and do Guacamole Sandwich, few Mexican style dishes like Burrito and Quesadilla.
Ever since I heard about Avocado Paratha from my friend, I wanted to try but somehow I kept postponing Finally I did it, and I regretted delaying it, softest paratha I ever tasted. Nowadays once a week I am doing this.
Try out other parathA recipes in TMF
My toddler loves it. I always wanted to give him roti but had second thoughts about him chewing it, silly me thinks it is tough for him to eat. The avocado paratha was the first paratha I tried for him. He loves it, happiness is with healthy recipes becomes kid’s favorite.
Try Nutella Avocado Mousse for yet another tasty treat using Avocado
- Whole wheat Flour - 1 cup + 1 tbsp
- Avocado - 1 small; ripe avocado pitted and mashed
- Pepper powder - 1/8 tsp
- Garlic Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- In a bowl mash avocado. Add wheat, salt, pepper powder,garlic powder to the mashed avocado pulp; combine well and make a pliable dough. Moisture in avocado should be enough to make dough. Cover it with damp cloth and leave it for at least 1 hour
- Take small portions of dough and make small balls; roll it with rolling pin, dusting wheat flour
- Heat a griddle and when it is hot, place the rolled paratha. and cook for a minute or so till the chappati starts puffing , flip it over to the other side. Cook till the other side cooks
- Onion, ginger or any other Masala like garam masala, pav bhaji masala etc. can be added for extra flavors
- Paratha cooks well even without oil/ghee/butter
- Lemon juice/ Apple Cider Vinegar can be used to prevent Avocado from changing color. I generally won't add, still, my paratha looks and tastes good
- Use 2 avocados if it is small. My avocado weighed around 185 grams
- Moisture in avocado is enough for the dough. If required sprinkle a tbsp of water, not more. I didn't add water
- Avocado paratha stays good for overnight in room temperature. Stays soft for lunch box
- The dough can be made in advance and left overnight. If you are keeping overnight refrigerate the dough. Keep it out for 13 minutes and roll
- Keep avocado in room temperature for sometime before making the dough
Whole wheat Flour – 1 cup (+ 1 tbsp optional)
Avocado – 1, small; ripe avocado pitted and mashed around 185 grams
Pepper powder – 1/8 tap
Garlic powder – 1/8 tsp
Salt – as needed
How to make Avocado paratha:
- In a bowl mash avocado. Add 1 cup of wheat flour, salt, pepper powder, and garlic powder to the mashed avocado pulp; combine well and make a pliable dough. Moisture in avocado should be enough to make dough but if the required add 1-2 tsp of luke warm water. I didn’t add water
- Cover it with a damp cloth and leave it for 30 mins – 1 hour
- Take small portions of dough and make small balls; roll it with rolling pin, dusting wheat flour. Heat a griddle and when it is hot, place the rolled paratha. and cook for a minute or so till the chappati starts puffing , flip it over to the other side. Cook till the other side cooks