Banana bran bread | Best Banana Bread recipe | Easy banana bread moist banana bread | banana bread step-by-step pictures and video recipe. Check out the Eggless Banana Bread recipe. If you like the video pls SUBSCRIBE to my channel
Banana bean bread is a Healthy and tasty breakfast bread with banana, bran and nuts. This Fiber rich healthy bread is also a yummy mid morning snack too. Kids can't say no to this tasty delight. This make-ahead banana nut bread stays good for 3 days at room temperature.
Banana is one fruit I would love to put in many recipes, I have already posted couple of banana based recipes in TMF. After a gap, here I am with another banana recipe.
Vishvak generally prefers having breakfast and lunch at home. There are only a few items which he tastes in school. Off late, his teacher tells me he enjoys banana bread. Every mom's biggest happiness to find their kid's favorite healthy snack.
I usually make eggless banana bread. Few weeks back while doing grocery trip I met a friend. We were chit chatting and she told she is looking for bran. Fibre rich bran is very good for health and told me to try giving to Vishvak.
I bought a box,and tried to give him, but looking at the texture and healthy taste he refused to eat. He said it is not cheerios/cornflakes. That day I couldn't find a way to make him eat. I ended up eating it.
After changing the bran to cereal dispenser when I was about to throw the box, I saw the banana bread recipe in the cereal box. Remembering his love for banana bread I just wanted to give it a try so started looking at the ingredients and recipe.
Loaded with banana this bread is not only rich in potassium, but is also a filling breakfast. Good part of this banana bread is using over ripe banana, instead of throwing over ripe banana delicious banana bran bread can be prepared. Luckily I had 3 bananas in my pantry.
Based on the ingredients I have at home and also our taste I did very few modifications to the recipe. Original Banana bread recipe called for margarine, I have never used it. Moreover I don't want to buy it as I have a tendency to keep certain things in fridge for ages. At times I even forget about once-used ingredients. I generally prefer using butter for my baking. It is healthy (I am not telling margarine is not healthy, I don't know anything about it) and the aroma while baking & tasting the butter recipes make me so addictive for it.
Nuts don't need a special shoutout😂 Good cholesterol from the Almonds not only makes it healthy, but nuts also gives nice crunch to the bread. For me this is one more reason to make my toddler eat nuts so I can't skip it.
Banana Bran Nut bread is a yummy make-ahead breakfast recipe. Mornings are a breeze with breakfast like this. All I should do is pack it for office. Well that also I do previous night😆 In our home we like to warm the bread before eating. 10 -15 sec in microwave, yum yum yum👌🏻 Did I forgot my one more favorite combo, banana bread and ice cream😋😋
Banana Bran Bread | Banana Nut Bread
- Wheat flour - 1/2 cup
- All-purpose-flour - 1/2 cup
- Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Kellogg All bran - 1 cup
- Banana - 1 cup mashed
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla - 1 tsp
- Butter - 1/4 cup soften
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Sliced roasted almonds - 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Place a parchment paper on loaf pan and Grease the loaf pan with spray/butter
- In a wide bowl add wheat flour, all-purpose-flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well and set aside
- In a separate bowl add cereal, banana, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes or till the cereal softens
- In Separate bowl beat butter and sugar on medium speed till both are combined well
- Add small quantity of flour, cereal mixture and mix well. Keep doing this till you add all the flour mixture and wet ingredients
- Add the almonds and give a final mix. Transfer the mixture into a loaf pan and bake for 30 -32 minutes or till the fork/pick comes out clean
- Remove from pan and serve it warm or cold
- I have combined both wheat and all-purpose-flour, instead, bread can be prepared with just wheat flour/all-purpose flour
- Brown sugar/turbinado sugar/ jaggery can be used instead of white
- Almond extract can also be used instead of vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips can be added for extra flavor
- Walnut, pecan, roasted cashew, and roasted pistachio can also be used
6. Original recipe called for 45 minutes of baking using 9-inch pan. I used 10 inch so I reduced the baking time.mine got done in 31 minutes
7. I used Kelloggs all bran but any bran can be used
How to make banana bran bread :
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place parchment paper on the loaf pan, and grease the loaf pan with baking spray/butter
- In a wide bowl add wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; mix well and set aside
- In a separate bowl add cereal, banana, eggs, and vanilla; mix well. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes or till the cereal softens
- In a Separate bowl beat butter and sugar on medium speed till both are combined well (If you are trying to take a video like me place is going to be mess😂)
- Add a small quantity of flour, and cereal mixture and, mix well. Keep doing this alternatively till all the flour mixture and wet ingredients are added to the butter-sugar
- Add the roughly chopped almonds and give a final mix
- Transfer the mixture into a loaf pan, sprinkle some roasted almond pieces and,bake for 30 -32 minutes or till the fork/pick comes out clean. Remove from pan and, serve it warm or cold