If you like pesto flavour this sandwich is for you. Sauted vegetables and pesto makes this sandwich yum yum. Whether it’s Store brought/home made pesto this sandwich is a keeper recipe.
I am not a big fan cereal. Sandwich is my life saver during many busy mornings. When I run out of time or wake up late, I immediately reach out for a bread loaf. My sweet tooth craves for spreads like Nutella or cream cheese spread or jam.
It’s good to have sweet spread but as I cannot have them frequently. I always think for option for filling. Most of the days I start digging into my fridge or pantry and whatever I see first I use it in the sandwich:-)
I got this Pesto Sandwich idea from my co-sis. When we visited them, she prepared this for breakfast. I loved its taste and its a perfect way to finish off the leftover pesto after making pasta.
Sauted vegetables gave nice crunch to the pesto sandwich with a mild touch of sweetness from onion and sweet mini pepper. One good think about pesto sandwich is, it tastes yum even if you have the sandwich after a while. I am so addicted for this taste anytime I over eat and reduce my lunch.
Checkout my other bread based breakfast recipes,
- Guacamole Sandwich
- Black Bean Sandwich
- Bread Upma
- Wheats Oats Banana Bread (Eggless)
- Bread Savory Pancake
- Banana Sweet Pidi Kozhukattai
Preparation Time : 5 mins | Cooking Time : 5 mins | Serves : 1
Recipe Category: Breakfast
Bread – 4 slices
Pesto – 4 tbsp
Sweet peppers – 3
Onion – 3 tbsp thinly sliced
Cheese – 2 tbsp
Salt and Pepper – to taste
Oil – 1 tsp
- Add oil to the pan, once the oil becomes hot add onions and sweet pepper; saute till they are cooked. Add salt and pepper, mix well and switch off
- Spread the pesto on one side of all the bread slices. Add around 2 tbsp of the sauted mixture over two slices and spread it
- Sprinkle cheese over the vegggi mixture and cover each pesto coated slice with remaining two slices
- Place it in a greased waffle/ sandwich maker and cook for 2 minutes or as per the sandwich maker’s instructions. Serve it with ketchup
- Can add peas, corn, tomato etc. to the stuffing mixture
- Mixed color sweet peppers can to be used for a colorful sandwich
- Sliced cheese can be used instead of grated cheese