Therattipal is a milk sweet prepared with milk. Here is a shortcut for the delicious palgova using condensed milk. Microwave Palkova can be prepared in no time when compared to usual process. Microwave version is super quick and tastes delicious.
A post after a longtime. Before starting to India I loaded all my post pics in a pen drive and was telling my husband, I will do blog activities from India, as I won’t have any work there. My husband smiled without saying anything. Though I wasn’t sure about that expression, after going to India I understood it 🙂
Vacation spirit kept me off from blog activities. I have lot of unanswered comments and messages in Facebook – my sincere apology for the late response. Every time I feel like spending time for blog, I do some some random stuff and miss it.
My sister, Ammas and Aappas take care of vishvak .Amma is cooking food. All I m doing is eating and sleeping still being so lazy.
I opted to halt my break with a sweet recipe and this Microwave Palkova is my first pick, as this is my sister’s all time favorite sweet. For me, any food with some form of sugar Is sweet, but for her Palkova is the king of all sweets.
During my college days, when ever Amma goes out of station and if we have extra milk at home, my sis asks me to prepare either Basundi or Palkova. This time when I visted India she asked me to cook some of her favorite recipes.
As most of the time I enjoyed eating mother’s and mother-in-law’s preparations, I occasionally tried a few recipes. Palgova day came but as traditional Palgova demands a lot of time I prepared this quick instant microwave palkovq. She couldn’t find the difference in taste and it was finished in no time 🙂
For traditional Palkova
Condensed Milk – 1 tin (400 g| 14 oz)
Ghee – 1 tsp
Curd/ Plain Yogurt – 1 tbsp heaped
- In a large microwave safe glass bowl, combine all the ingredients and Mix well
- Microwave for 2 minutes, Stir well and microwave for another 1 minutes; Stir again and microwave for 1 more minute
- Continue the step till the sides dried up and there are bubbles in the middle. At this stage mixing the Palgova results in grainy texture (sand-like). Microwave at home took 8 minutes totally. Watch out after after 5 minutes. Let it cool for 6-7 minutes, instant Palgova is ready:-)
Microwave Palgova | Microwave Palkova |Instant Therattipal | Milk Halwa | Paal Halwa
- Condensed Milk - 1 tin 400 g | 14 oz
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Curd/ Plain Yogurt - 2 tbsp
- • In a large microwave safe glass bowl, combine all the ingredients and Mix well
- • Microwave for 2 minutes, Stir well and microwave for another 1 minutes; Stir again and microwave for 1 more minute
- • Continue the step till the sides dried up and there are bubbles in the middle. At this stage mixing the Palgova results in grainy texture (sand-like). Microwave at home took 8 minutes totally. Watch out after after 5 minutes. Let it cool for 6-7 minutes, instant Palgova is ready:-)
- Traditional Palgova Method:
- • In a heavy bottomed pan add milk and boil it a medium - low flame (Pan should be double the size for the quantity of milk. Add a small stainless Spoon to the milk pan to avoid milk from excess Boiling (pongama)
- • Keep stirring the milk occasionally. Stir well to avoid milk from sticking to the pan
- • Continue the process till milk reduce to 1/4 quantity and got thick ( 1 litre ( 4 cup + 1/3 cup reduce to around 1 cup). Add sugar and stir it frequently
- • Cook till it comes to a grainy texture ( can take small portion in a spoon, cool it and try making balls) refer the picture for an idea
- Time may differ from microwave to microwave
- Use a large microwave bowl as Palkova raises a lot - almost double the volume while cooking
- Can use butter instead of ghee
- Cardamom powder and nuts can be added for extra flavor
- Can add cocoa Powder for chocolate palgova
- Can add vanilla extracts For additional taste
- Friend tried with non fat condensed milk and told it turned out good
- I took picture immediately after the sweet is ready after 10 minutes cooling time the palgova turns to the usual texture
- Add thick curd and if Palgova becomes watery try to add little extra thick curd
- Use thick curd for making palgova