Microwave palgova | microwave palkova | instant therattipal recipe | milk sweet pudding | microwave recipes | palgova recipe | palkova recipe with step by step pictures and video recipe. Check out the microwave palgova recipe. If you like the video pls SUBSCRIBE to my channel.
Microwave palgova | microwave palkova | instant therattipal recipe | milk sweet pudding | microwave recipes | palgova recipe | palkova recipe is super quick tasty instant indian sweet recipe
Therattipal traditional indian sweet
Therattipal is a milk sweet prepared with milk. Here is a shortcut for the delicious palgova using condensed milk. Microwave Palkova can be prepared in no time when compared to usual process. Microwave version is super quick and tastes delicious.
A post after a longtime. Before starting to India I loaded all my post pics in a pen drive and was telling my husband, I will do blog activities from India, as I won't have any work there. My husband smiled without saying anything. Though I wasn't sure about that expression, after going to India I understood it 🙂
I opted to halt my break with a sweet recipe and this Microwave Palkova is my first pick, as this is my sister's all time favorite sweet. For me, any food with some form of sugar Is sweet, but for her Palkova is the king of all sweets.
During my college days, when ever Amma goes out of station and if we have extra milk at home, my sis asks me to prepare either Basundi or Palkova. This time when I visted India she asked me to cook some of her favorite recipes.
As most of the time I enjoyed eating mother's and mother-in-law's preparations, I occasionally tried a few recipes. Palgova day came but as traditional Palgova demands a lot of time I prepared this quick instant microwave palkova. She couldn't find the difference in taste and it was finished in no time 🙂
Microwave Palgova | Microwave Palkova |Instant Therattipal | Milk Halwa | Paal Halwa
- Condensed Milk - 1 tin 400 g | 14 oz
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Thick Curd/ Plain Yogurt - 1 tbsp
- • In a large microwave safe glass bowl, combine all the ingredients and Mix well
- • Microwave for 2 minutes, Stir well and microwave for another 1 minutes; Stir again and microwave for 1 more minute
- • Continue the step till the sides dried up and there are bubbles in the middle. At this stage mixing the Palgova results in grainy texture (sand-like). Microwave at home took 7 minutes totally. Watch out after after 5 minutes. Let it cool for 6-7 minutes, instant Palgova is ready:-)
- Time may differ from microwave to microwave
- Use a large microwave bowl as Palkova raises a lot - almost double the volume while cooking
- Can use butter instead of ghee
- Cardamom powder and nuts can be added for extra flavor
- Can add cocoa Powder for chocolate palgova
- Can add vanilla extracts For additional taste
- A friend tried with non-fat condensed milk and told it turned out good
- Always consume the palgova after cooling
- Always use thick curd. If the curd is watery it will affect palgova consistency
- Avoid microwaving continuously, you might burn the palgova. It is very important to stir the palgova well in regular intervals
For traditional Palkova
Condensed Milk - 1 tin (400 g| 14 oz)
Ghee - 1 tsp
Curd/ Plain Yogurt - 1 tablespoon heaped
- In a large microwave safe glass bowl, combine all the ingredients and Mix well
- Microwave for 2 minutes, Stir well and microwave for another 1 minutes; Stir again and microwave for 1 more minute
- Continue the step till the sides dried up and there are bubbles in the middle. At this stage mixing the Palgova results in grainy texture (sand-like). Microwave at home took 8 minutes totally. Watch out after after 5 minutes. Let it cool for 6-7 minutes, instant Palgova is ready:-)
My son favorite sweet , Your version also looks so delicious.
Welcome back Vidya 🙂 Hope you had a great vacation 🙂 I have never tried palkova from condensed milk - this must be quite quick to prepare 🙂 By the way whenever there was extra milk at home, the sister and I used to do the same too 🙂
Welcome back. Looks no different from regular palkova. I am sure it tastes the same as well.
Antonia @ Zoale.com
This looks delicious Vidya! Welcome back 🙂
looks yum.. love that texture
Hi Vidya, welcome back.
This is a new recipe for me, i am not familiar with the name even, is it famous dish or south India ?
Thanku Sadhna:-) its a common sweet prepared in south India with milk
welcome back vids.. Great recipe.. love that texture.
Hope your trip was enjoyable. Simple and awesome recipe to get back!
Hope you had wonderful vacation. Microwave palkova looks yumm.
Thanku Swathi:-) yes had a grt trip
Love the quick version of the sweet palkova. Hope you had a great time in India!
Ok you were on vacation...visited your blog a couple of time and was wondering why no posts!!....Hope you have a blast and back fully rejuvenated!!...Btw palkova looks super delicious and it's my fav sweet!!
This is reminding me of all my palkova moments. I love it! Would like to try your quick version. Hope your visit to India was as sweet as this palkova.
Thanku Sridevi:-) yes it was awesome
This looks delicious Vidya!
My favorite too.. I can finish it off fully.. Looks yummy..
I've never heard of this before, but I love learning about new foods and cuisines and this sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing.
This is something new to me and it looks so delicious dear. Want to try it soon :)Hope you had great time in India
Perfect sweet for sudden cravings!! I make it the same way too!!
Welcome back Vidya, microwave palkova looks perfect, such an easy dish to make satisfy sudden cravings!
Visual, can you also please share with us the traditional way of making palkova, the long process.
Jayanthi, I have updated my notes with procedure for traditional Palgova. Pls feel free to get back if you have any doubts:-)
Thank you vidya, after i add sugar it is like the traditional basundhi. i think i should reduce even more to get the grainy structure. please correct me if i am wrong, vidya.
Yes Jayanthi, you are absolutely right:-) Its going to take a longtime, need to cook till it becomes grainy texture.
Thank you so much
Welcome back dear. Delicious palgova
Hi.. may I know what is the approx quantity you get for 1 tin of condensed milk?
Around 400 g
Sorry for the very late reply. I missed your post