Sathya Priya from Kitchen Odyssey is our guest today:-) Priya is a good friend of mine, I know her for quite sometime. Can find lot of delicious Indian and International recipes in Kitchen Odssey also some authentic chettinadu special recipes.
Since I know for a fact that she must be familiar with toddler friendly recipes, I asked her to be my guest. Though she was busy when I asked, Priya managed to squeeze sometime for the guest post.
Due to some reasons I couldn’t post the recipe on the day I told her but Sathya understood my situation and gave the liberty:-)
Eggs are great source of protein. Giving protein for kids is a big deal, Egg bonda is a great snack.
Over to Sathya,
Blogging changed my life ,in a positive way. That includes got lot and lots of friends,got to know different cuisine,spend my time useful for others,try reading about different things and so many.Everyday we bloggers chat/meet online.We share recipes,what is best about the recipe,photo tips etc.It really makes me happy at the same time surprising to meet person/person’s of same likings.
Like i said..Friend with the same passion, i met online is Vidya.She is very bubbly,smiley and beautiful.She shares and post recipes regular, even though she has a little kid.That shows her interest in cooking and blogging.When she asked me about the guest post i accepted immediately, thinking that i would finish it in few days.The days passed and it has become months.Still.. she didn’t say a word.Everytime i ask her,she used to say,” I know how busy you are”.That’s really so sweet of her to tell like that. And now ,i am here with a guest post.Hope she likes this post as much as i do.
Egg bonda– a little story.. how i got to know this guy first.Those days seeing new movies or songs is like a big festival.It happens very rare.We used to wait for the friday night to watch new songs in doordarshan.Movies will come only on sundays,if its old then the long wait go waste.There is no other entertainment so my parents used to take us to movies once in a while.In one such occasion on (pandian) theater, i ate egg bonda and fell in love with it.
From then on whenever we go to that theater(egg bonda is sold only there) ,i eat egg bonda where my siblings enjoy popcorn and ice cream.After i started cooking i make boiled egg and egg kulambu to get the nutrition.I got to try my favorite egg recipe -Egg bonda ,is it not ?So here is how i made it..Before going on to the recipe lets see how to get it perfect everytime.
Tips to get perfect egg bonda:
- I tried egg bonda without cooking soda.If you want a fluffy egg bonda,add a pinch of baking soda/cooking soda/soda bicarbonate while mixing the egg batter.
- Also batter has to be thick like idli batter.So the outside is crispy and can hold the egg inside.
- I made it bite size pieces ,you can cut the egg in half and fry it.
- You can poke the egg before dipping in batter.This step is to avoid egg splash(tip is from vahchef).
- 2 boiled eggs.
- 1/2 cup besan/gram flour.
- 1/4 cup rice flour/arisi maavu.
- 1/2 tsp chili powder/milagai thool
- cooking soda(optinal)
- salt required.
- 1 tsp oil.
- water for preparing the batter.
- oil for frying.
- Add raw egg to boiling water and keep it covered for 10 minutes.After 10 minutes take the egg out and let it cool.Remove the shells and cut in half.Keep it ready.
- Now in a large bowl add gram flour,rice flour,chili powder,salt and oil .Mix very well.Add water little by little and make it to thick batter like idli batter.You can also taste test a small portion to check everything is sufficient.
- Dip the egg in batter with yellow side up.You can pour the batter on upper side.
- Carefully remove the excess batter from egg and add immediately to hot oil.
- Fry the bonda until the sides are brown and crisp.
- This is going to take time, we are not adding any cooking soda.
- Remove and drain the excess oil in tissue.
- Egg bonda is ready.Serve it with tomato ketchup or as is.